Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Written Testimony

I am creating this blog to be my Book of Remembrance. It is a work in progress, but I plan to complete the following:
My written testimony
A personal timeline
2 ancestral histories
Life goals and future plans
Photos of me and my family
A pedigree chart
My Testimony
 I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know that the Father restored this gospel to the Earth through His servant Joseph Smith. I love my Heavenly Father and Christ with all my heart. I know that they live. To gain such a testimony wasn't necessarily an easy process. I have had doubts and fears just like all people experience in their lives. However, I have been blessed with a testimony little-by-little through obedience and through the Holy Ghost. When I take the Sacrament, I feel peace and comfort. These feelings come through the Holy Ghost. I know that the atonement is real. Its power is adequate to wash the sins away from all if they only ask, knock, and receive. I am so grateful for the atonement. It redeems and enables.
I believe in modern day revelation. God communicates with people today just like He did in biblical times. There is a prophet on the earth today. His name is Thomas S. Monson. He receives revelation concerning the entire gospel. God also can speak to each of us personally. He wants us to find happiness and He desires us to pray and seek His guidance. The gospel is the source of truth and light. The Father and Jesus Christ live, and I desire to live a life dedicated to them. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment